[RE-wrenches] Envoy-R replacement

Jason Szumlanski jason at floridasolardesigngroup.com
Fri Jan 13 13:14:15 PST 2023

Be very careful with old units on eBay. They may not be usable. There was a
security certificate update that was necessary to keep units communicating
with Enlighten. If the unit was offline and the update was not applied, it
was essentially bricked from a remote upgradeability standpoint. I can't
remember how I got around that once - there was someone in engineering that
I think was able to remotely recover it, but it wasn't something they
necessarily are willing or want to do.

It stinks to have to upgrade people to a hardwired Envoy S or Envoy
S-Metered, but ultimately its a better unit with ITK capability and a
better warranty.

On that note, I'm going to be replacing quite a few very soon due to
submersion issues from Hurricane Ian. I'm not even thinking of offering the
Envoy-R option. Everyone has to upgrade.

Jason Szumlanski
Principal Solar Designer | Florida Solar Design Group
NABCEP Certified Solar Professional (PVIP)
Florida State Certified Solar Contractor CVC56956

On Fri, Jan 13, 2023 at 1:21 PM Dave Tedeyan via RE-wrenches <