[RE-wrenches] Radian and Fortress incident

Nick A Lucchese lucchesesolar at me.com
Tue Dec 27 12:46:52 PST 2022

Greetings Peter,

I created a new subject line out William's previous “utility transformer” thread for your incident. Any more details surface about this installation? Eflex or Evault? Were all the settings programmed by yourself or someone else you trust? Installed to specifications provided by each manufacturer? Do you know if it was charging by PV controllers or the Radian at time of fire? One battery of an entire bank that failed? Physical connections appear to all be of full integrity? I’ve had a control board on a Radian completely melt and appear to have been on fire for a brief moment due to extended operation pushing current limits on the AC side but my experience with the Eflex has been great so far other than a minor firmware snag initially. Only reason I used it instead of Blue Ion was due to their lack of an exterior cabinet compared to the Eflex’s IP65 rating. Hope you can provide more details once you have time to fully investigate. Highly likely I will be responsible for both of these products on future projects.

Nick