[RE-wrenches] Large current battery combiners, UL Listing

Jerry Shafer jerrysgarage01 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 14:51:11 PST 2022

Wrenches, William
I did a few back up systems for data hubs, we had 250+ kWhr systems. We had
to have a firewall between the batteries and everything else. We used
copper stock 1/2 x 2" and 20' long, each bank connected to the buss with
its own 250 a breaker, the buss was above the batteries mounted to SS strut
using 1000 volt insulators on both positive and negative. The power
conditioners were on the opposite side of the wall again all connected to
the buss going to each unit and again protected. Was very clean, no line
loss, very clean and was duplicated in several locations. We also had a 125
k cummins  genny outside that would take over to keep us all connected.
Jerry
PS, we did not tap and we used brass bolts and nuts, l dont recall why but
it may have not been able to torg enough.

On Fri, Dec 2, 2022, 12:42 PM William Miller via RE-wrenches <