[RE-wrenches] SolArk and Tigo compatibility

Dustin Douglas dustin at sol-ark.com
Wed Nov 16 15:55:24 PST 2022

Hello All,

The utilization of the onboard 12v DC power supply is dependent on the Rapid Shutdown Device that you are using, whether Tigo/APSystems/Midnite. Tigo has many different solutions in their TS4 series of products. The devices that utilize the RSS Transmitter only, TS4-A-F and TS4-A-2F receivers, will be able to utilize the onboard 12v power supply to power the RSS Transmitter. It is possible to power the RSS Transmitter separately from the inverter if it makes the most sense for the project.

However, if you are using any of the other TS4 series (TS4-A-O, TS4-A-M and TS4-A-S) these require the use of the CCA (Cloud Connect Advance) and the TAP (Tigo Access Point) kit provided by Tigo to provide the PTO (permission to operate) signal to the receivers. Both the CCA and TAP kit must be powered separately from the included 12vDC power supply in the Sol-Ark as this exceeds the power supply. We recommend that these items be powered by a 120vAC circuit connected to the "Load" breaker of the Sol-Ark so that the CCA and TAP kit are powered during a grid outage.

Thank you and have a blessed day,

Dustin Douglas

---- On Wed, 16 Nov 2022 16:37:57 -0600 Chris Sparadeo <sparadeo.chris at gmail.com> wrote ---

@DustinDouglas do you mind confirming if the Tigo RSS Transmitter is compatible with the 12vdc power supply from Sol-Ark, and if not…what should we be doing to supply power without having to rely on 120VAC output of the inverter?

Thanks,

-Chris