[RE-wrenches] Integrating Lithium batteries with legacy inverters.

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Thu Oct 20 09:43:38 PDT 2022

Friends:

This is a follow up on the question I asked about anyone having actual
experience integrating Simpliphi batteries with a Trace SW inverter
system.

I read the battery and integration manuals carefully and spoke with
Simpliphi tech support.  The systems are absolutely compatible but only if
the inverter and charge controllers are programmed correctly.

Therein is the problem:  If the SW inverters lose DC power, the programming
is erased and the inverters reset to factory defaults.  These default
settings are not acceptable for safe operation of the Simpliphi batteries.

If the client is capable of determining when the settings have been reset
and can reprogram the inverters when needed, then maybe the design is
acceptable.  In the case I am working on, the client does not have these
capabilities.  It was decided to replace the dead batteries with the same
AGM style batteries currently in use, not the Simpliphi.

Thanks for your input.

William Miller

Miller Solar

17395 Oak Road, Atascadero, CA 93422