[RE-wrenches] Simpliphi with SW inverters

Chris Sparadeo sparadeo.chris at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 19:31:26 PDT 2022

William,

I have paired a handful of Trace SW inverters with  SimpliPhi batteries. I
most often run into this with clients that have 24vdc systems and for
whatever reason can’t/won’t make the leap to 48vdc. In my opinion,
SimpliPhi’s 24 volt offering is the best in its class. With the older
versions of the SW, settings can sometimes be erased by looking at the unit
the wrong way. I don’t believe that SimpliPhi explicitly calls out the
Trace SW as a compatible inverter, but they mostly play nice together. Just
write your settings down and make sure the homeowner knows how to program
in a pinch. I have seen a generator fail to start, the inverter shut off
and when turned back on, charging voltages resets to 28.8vdc and LBCO to
22.0vdc, which isn’t a great change for these specific batteries.

-Chris

On Thu, Oct 13, 2022 at 12:15 PM Steve Higgins via RE-wrenches <

Chris Sparadeo

C_802-369-4458
H_802-728-3059