[RE-wrenches] Simpliphi with SW inverters

Steve Higgins steve at surrette.com
Thu Oct 13 09:14:57 PDT 2022

With the Trace SW, you should be able to program it to charge LFP
batteries. It'll probably take a bit of tinkering to make it work...  Most
LFP BMSs work better if you can set the inverter/charger into a 2 Stage
charging mode.  If I remember correctly, there isn't a setting that forces
the inverter/charger into 2 stage charging.

So you'll have to experiment with the Absorb timer and Float Voltage to
keep the voltage high enough to charge.  The voltage based 3 stage chargers
will sometime record voltage surge errors with Lithium batteries., so you
may also see the surging of voltage from the inverter, especially when the
batteries are above 90% SOC.

You may want to talk with Simplify and see if they have done any testing
with the older Trace Sinewave inverters.     They charge a lot like the
Older Outback (VFX) inverters, so you use that as a comparison.

On Thu, Oct 13, 2022 at 8:58 AM Jay via RE-wrenches <