[RE-wrenches] Large current battery combiners, UL Listing

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Sat Sep 10 14:58:16 PDT 2022

Mac:

Getting listing on something as specialized as you are talking about may be
difficult.  I would turn to the telecom industry for solutions.  Here is
one link
<https://bertholdelectric.com/dc-telecom-products/battery-termination-bars/>
I found.  Their product line is pretty sexy and it is listed.

If you are rolling your own, you can find ampacities for standard copper
bar thicknesses someplace like here
<https://www.copper.org/applications/electrical/busbar/busbar_ampacities.html>.
You might fabricate something that looks like one of these
<https://millersolar.com/MillerSolar/Portfolio/Inverters/battery_iinverters/JP_Radian/Images/Battery_busses_open.jpg>
but bigger.  Threading is desirable so you can avoid wrangling nuts on the
back sides, but tapping copper at a reasonable bolt size (likely 3/8-16)
can be tricky.  I am looking for any excuse to buy one of these drill
presses
<https://www.grizzly.com/products/teknatool-18-nova-voyager-dvr-variable-speed-drill-press/t30589>
which can automatically chip-clear.  Basically at this point in my life my
only reason for working is to support my tool addiction.

Good luck.

William Miller

Miller Solar

17395 Oak Road, Atascadero, CA 93422