[RE-wrenches] Discover AES Wall Mount Considerations

Chris Schaefer chris at solarandwindfx.com
Tue Sep 6 12:31:14 PDT 2022

Michael,

Any pictures of that bracing system pre battery mount would be greatly
appreciated.

Christopher

On Tue, Sep 6, 2022 at 3:21 PM Michael Morningstar via RE-wrenches <

> We hang a lot of AES on wooden stud walls. Our engineer prescribed the
> following: 1-5/8" strut bolted to every stud in the span. AES factory
> mounting brackets bolted with 3/8" grade 8 bolts and thick strut cone nuts.
> Then a support brace 3-1/4" strut which is (2) welded back to back 1-5/8"
> struts (think beam) supported by the same 3-1/4" strut (think legs) with
> strut post bases and plate connectors for connections. He said "now way" to
> relying on studs for anything beyond two batteries.
>
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2022 at 5:59 AM Chris Sparadeo via RE-wrenches <
> re-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a project where I am contemplating hanging 9 Discover AES
>> batteries on a wall. Each battery is around 200 lbs, and although the stud
>> wall is a bulky 2”x6” with 16” OC…I have apprehensions that hanging almost
>> a ton of battery on the wall is a good idea. I’ve seen it done in other
>> install photos, however I can’t seem to find and good building code that
>> would inform my decision.
>>
>> Does anyone out there have a building code reference or experience that
>> might help?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -Chris
>> --
>> Chris Sparadeo
>>

>> C_802-369-4458
>> H_802-728-3059
>>
>> Pay optional member dues here: http://re-wrenches.org
>>
>> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

>> There are two list archives for searching. When one doesn't work, try the
>> other:
>> https://www.mail-archive.com/re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org/
>>
>> List rules & etiquette:
>> http://www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>>
>> Check out or update participant bios:
>> http://www.members.re-wrenches.org
>>

> --
>
> Michael Morningstar
>

> Morningstar Electric
>
> PO Box 1494
>
> Mount Shasta, CA 96067
>
> 530-921-0560
>
> mjmorningstar at gmail.com

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> other:
>
> List rules & etiquette:
>
> Check out or update participant bios:
> http://www.members.re-wrenches.org

--

Chris Schaefer’s
<http:www.solarandwindfx.com>

*Tel/Fax 585-229-2083 or Cell 585-748-1870 *
*5115 South Hill Road ~ Canandaigua New York 14424**www.solarandwindfx.com
<http://www.solarandwindfx.com> ~ E-mail: chris at solarandwindfx.com
<chris at solarandwindfx.com>*

Thomas Jefferson, the author of our great Constitution, once said,
"democracy" will cease to exist when you take away from those who are
willing to work and give to those who would not."