[RE-wrenches] Converting Enphase systems to ac coupled multimode systems

Jason Szumlanski jason at floridasolardesigngroup.com
Thu Aug 18 06:48:25 PDT 2022

Enphase worked out a lot of kinks with their battery storage. Commissioning
time is cut way down. I've been liking it (other than the price).

One of the biggest problems I would say is the clunkiness of the conduit
connections, especially to the Encharge 10T which only has conduit entry on
the left and the Smart Switch which has a tapered enclosure.  Other than
that, I would say they've made huge progress with the technical issues that
I ran into early on.

The Enphase load management system suggestion is very poor in my opinion,
but that's nothing that can't be solved with a different external load
management system that you cobble together. I am working on a latching
relay solution that doesn't hum and use so much energy with contactors that
get their coil power from line voltage but allow dry contact connections
that the Smart Switch provides.

On balance, the simplicity of a single manufacturer and support team seems
to make sense to me and is a consumer friendly solution.

Jason

On Thu, Aug 18, 2022, 9:06 AM Christopher Warfel via RE-wrenches <