[RE-wrenches] Has anyone ever had one of his customers get a note from SolarEdge like this one?

Jason Szumlanski jason at floridasolardesigngroup.com
Mon Aug 15 18:25:57 PDT 2022

We never sold SE and never will. Their service has always been pretty poor
and recently it's just bottom of the barrel. Blaming everything on
installers and making you jump through asinine diagnostic hoops is the name
of their service game. They don't seem to want to solve issues, or at least
they want to avoid responsibility for defective products. This is in stark
contrast to the big orange 'e' that recognizes they have defect issues from
time to time, but resolves things routinely with mostly competent level 1
techs, and often without site visits.

On Friday I got bounced around to three departments over 2 hours at SE only
for the last guy to tell me he needed to send me to another department -
except I recognized his name as someone who had emailed my client that he
was taking personal responsibility for the issue. Busted! I demanded that
he stay on the line and resolve the issue, which he ultimately did, to his
credit.

I can't remember the last time I was up against a SE proposal in Florida.
Everyone has jumped ship apparently and only offer microinverters. It's
very reminiscent of Fronius as another Wrench pointed out. Fronius used to
dominate here until they started the same nonsense on-site diagnostic
requirements. I'm not waiting on on hold, on site, for hours because you
can't pick up the phone in a reasonable timeframe, only to be given the
runaround for an obviously defective piece of hardware. Send pictures of my
Fluke measurements? I think not.

My client from Friday just signed a $9,000 contract with me to send her
SolarEdge gear to the landfill and replace it with microinverters.
Seriously. People are fed up (consumers and contractors).

Jason Szumlanski
Florida Solar Design Group

On Mon, Aug 15, 2022, 7:55 PM Scot Arey via RE-wrenches <