[RE-wrenches] Dark Starting Simpliphi PHI3.5 batteries

Howie Michaelson Howie.Michaelson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 18:58:33 PDT 2022

Hi All,
I was called into a job of a previously off-grid system that new owners had
an electrician bring the grid to, but the batteries ( a pair of Simpliphi
3.5, which I have no experience with) have been dead for an unknown period
of time previously. I am trying to figure out the easiest way to restart
the system which has a VFX 3648 and FM60. I'm thinking the easiest way is
to bring in a 48volt charger to get the battery voltage up high enough to
start the FM60 and/or VFX, but that means purchasing a 48 volt charger,
since I don't have any Iotas sitting around any more.  If anyone has an
easier way to restart the batteries I'd love to hear it.
Thanks,
Howie

*Howie Michaelson**Sun Catcher*

*NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™*

*Solar Electric Systems Sales & Service802-272-0004*