[RE-wrenches] PV to EV charging

Kienan Maxfield maxfieldsolar at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 11 15:58:25 PDT 2017

I don't think this quite meets your requirements but SolarEdge just came out with a really cool PV inverter / EV charger Hybrid. It has a maximum EV charge rate of 9.6 kW and up to 7.6 of that could be directly PV supplied. You can set up advanced features such as TOU and it tracks consumption/production directly from a smartphone. The EV charging can also be turned on and off remotely. Check it out here - https://www.solaredge.com/us/products/ev-charger

It would be totally possible to AC couple it to an off-grid inverter, however, you would probably want an array DC coupled to the battery backup system as well. I guess it depends on the budget...

Thanks,
Kienan

—— Marco Said ——

Aloha all.

Does anyone know of a readily available product that would allow one to charge an EV directly from a PV array (with an inverter) with or without battery storage that would NOT be connected to the grid