[RE-wrenches] PV to EV charging

Ray ray at solarray.com
Mon Sep 11 14:53:24 PDT 2017

I played around with several solar charged EVs, from 48 v to 144 vdc.
On the higher voltage packs I used a voltage controlled switch that
controlled a Kilovac high voltage DC relay.  Clunky one stage charging,
but it worked.  With the new battery chemistries and layers of
electronics on new EVs it might be harder to do though.  It might be
easiest to go AC from the PV and use the EVs regular AC charging input
if it has a lower power option.

Ray Walters

Remote Solar