[RE-wrenches] EMP - Faraday Cages

RE Ellison reellison at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 11:56:37 PDT 2017

Spent a little time over the last few years trying to study this, there is dozens of answers to the same question it seems if you surround it with mesh it depends on the spaces size in the mesh and it also depends on the frequency of the EMP

I would not bet that just putting a disconnect in the wires would help but lightning is capable of jumping miles across the sky I can't imagine that an emp would be any different I'm sure it could bridge a gap the size of a breaker or disconnect relatively easily.

During the Carrington event in the 1800s it was setting railroad ties on fire as well as burning down telegraph offices

I'm afraid the best bet would be a back up inverter and controller properly wrapped and shielded and make the sign of the cross and pray for the best !

And if it's atmospheric like a solar pulse or other challenge you would want to wait several days before you brought out your back up stuff because you may get hit again in a matter of hours or days and it be a shame to get everything possibly working again and have it wiped out by the 2nd hit

I'm probably already outside of what Michael would like me to be so we can continue later if you like

Bob ellison