[RE-wrenches] ] Dusty off -grid conditions

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Tue Sep 5 08:35:33 PDT 2017

Friends:

Thanks for the input on this topic.  A few thoughts:

1. I could change the design from a vented 8k Radian to 4 sealed FX
inverters.  However the Outback charge controllers will still be vented.
This makes me think the best plan is an actively vented cabinet.  This
cabinet has a fan with filtration:
http://millersolar.com/MillerSolar/Portfolio/Commercial/Cal_Trans/Pase_2/Phase_B_Caboinet_2.jpg

2. We have tried in vain to keep rodents out of a building or even a room.
Our best successes are in critter-proofing as small a space as possible.
Attached is a photo of an Outback installation with screen wire to keep out
wood rats that destroyed the previous installation by urinating on the SW
circuit boards.

William

Lic 773985
millersolar.com