[RE-wrenches] Over voltage error message

jay jay.peltz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 18:03:49 PDT 2017

HI Drake,

We need some more info to be able to piece this together.

The way I’ve seen this happen with off grid is the batteries are pretty full, in absorb mode often with aging batteries, and a good sized load is turned off.  The CC has been putting in extra watts to keep the batteries at its absorb voltage, the load is suddenly off, and it can’t react fast enough causing a short voltage spike ( I call it a bounce).

If the batteries are pretty low SOC, this won’t happen.
If the ratio of PV to battery is too low, again hard to make it happen.
But if the ratio of PV to battery is pretty high as in most grid systems its more common.
I can’t see how it would happen if the system was selling, don’t know what mechanism would create the spike.

Depending on when in the day and how the system is set up, it next to impossible to have this spike in sell mode.  So I’d guess it was during morning battery fill up before sell mode and the client has a backed up loads panel connected to it?

jay

peltz power