[RE-wrenches] Over voltage error message

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar offgridsolar at sti.net
Mon Jul 17 07:06:01 PDT 2017

I think you are going to have to prove that it is real by logging with an
external device. A short pulse like this will not hurt the AGM but I would
definitely be looking to avoid this getting worse. A Flooded battery would
not concern me. Have you looked at the Midnite site for any input?  Good
Luck!  --Dave

> font-size:10pt;"><div>I seem to recall older FX series spitting out this
> error following a short on the AC side. Did the system
> Brown<br>Foxfire Energy Corp.<br>Renewable Energy
> Systems<br>(802)-483-2564<br><a
> href="http://www.Foxfire-Energy.com">www.Foxfire-Energy.com</a><br>NABCEP
> blue; margin-left: 8px; padding-left: 8px; font-size:10pt; color:black;
> font-family:verdana;">
> -------- Original Message --------<br>
> Subject: [RE-wrenches] Over voltage error message<br>
> From: Drake <<a
> href="mailto:drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org">drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org</a>><br>
> Date: Mon, July 17, 2017 8:36 am<br>
> To: RE-wrenches <<a
> href="mailto:re-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org">re-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org</a>><br>
> Hello Wrenches,<br>
> My client reported seeing an overvoltage error message on her Mate 3 <br>
> on a Radian system. The Radian is selling to the grid and is being <br>
> fed by a Midnite Classic 200. It has shown two spikes so far, the <br>
> last one going to 67 volts and lasting 1 second. The batteries are <br>
> Concorde AGM, 305 AH.<br>
> Does this momentary spike seem like a problem or a warning of problems to
> come?<br>
> Thanks,<br>
> Drake<br>
> List Address: <a
> href="mailto:RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org">RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org</a><br>
> Change listserver email address & settings:<br>
> <a
> href="http://lists.re-wrenches.org/options.cgi/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org">http://lists.re-wrenches.org/options.cgi/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org</a><br>
> List rules & etiquette:<br>
> <a
> href="http://www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm">www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm</a><br>
> Check out or update participant bios:<br>
> <a
> href="http://www.members.re-wrenches.org">www.members.re-wrenches.org</a><br>

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette: