[RE-wrenches] Bifacial modules on pole mounts

Andrew Truitt atruitt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 11:54:11 PDT 2017

Mac - My understanding is modeling production from the back of bifacial
modules is pretty tough, but as you've probably seen data sheets often have
a few levels of back-side production boost factors.  I would consider
contacting manufacturer(s) to discuss modeling production for your
particular situation.

Re: mounting, I think each frameless bifacial manufacturer has their own
compression-based clamp system, but Silfab does make a framed bifacial
module.  Advantages of frameless are aesthetics and no need for module
grounding. A disadvantage is that you can't use traditional snow-retention
methods but that doesn't sound like an issue for your project.  Frameless
probably sheds show faster.

Here's some info I've been gathering for a carport project we're looking at:

[image: Inline image 1]

Lumos is another [expensive] option.  Concealed j-boxes make for a very
clean look but they're well over $1/W.

Regards,

*Andrew Truitt*
Director of Emerging Technologies | *DIVIDEND* *SOLAR*

mobile    202-486-7507 <(202)%20486-7507>
online     www.dividendsolar.com

NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional ID: 032407-66
Colorado Journeyman Electrician License No.: 600132

"Don't get me wrong: I love nuclear energy! It's just that I prefer fusion
to fission. And it just so happens that there's an enormous fusion reactor
safely banked a few million miles from us. It delivers more than we could
ever use in just about 8 minutes. And it's wireless!"

~William McDonough