[RE-wrenches] Voltage settings on PVP-4800 inverter

Dave Tedeyan dtedeyan at taitem.com
Thu Jun 22 05:38:46 PDT 2017

Hi All,

Is anyone out there familiar with PV Powered inverters?
If so, is it possible to adjust the voltage setpoints? The
installation manual I downloaded off their website says it is
adjustable, but tech support claims that it is something that
they intended to do and never got around to. I cannot tell if
that is true, or if they just don't want to let a random installer
not familiar with their product make adjustments.

The issue here is that we have installed an add on PV
system. They already have high grid voltage, and the old
inverter is on a pole mount ~250' from the meter. With both
systems in place the voltage frequently gets too high. I've
already opened the voltage window on the new SMA inverter
and I would like to do the same for the customer on the old
PVP-4800 inverter rather than telling them that we'll need to
re-pull much larger wires or move the inverter closer to the meter.

Cheers,
Dave

*--*

*Dave Tedeyan*