[RE-wrenches] Question

penobscotsolar at midmaine.com penobscotsolar at midmaine.com
Thu Jun 15 13:00:57 PDT 2017

Esteemed wrenches,
   We're working often in the Bahamas and now that net metering is
approved there, the inspectors are far behind in their comprehension.
That said, we are currently required to combine the utility with the PV
in a main load center before going to the generator transfer switch. I
have a 400 amp rated load center with a 200 amp, 120/208 main breaker
on it, as well as four 60 a, 3 pole breakers that will be fed from four
10 kw inverters. My question is, will it be necessary to use wire rated
at 400 amps or can I use wire rated for the main breaker? Thank you for
your input. It might be a stupid question, but I am stymied here....it
might just be the Lyme, not sure.....oh, and it's CEC 2015 down there,
but I suspect it will align with NEC 2014.

Thanks again,
Daryl DeJoy
NABCEP Certified PV
Penobscot Solar Design