[RE-wrenches] Solarworld 285 watt end frames

AE Solar autonomousenergies at gmail.com
Wed May 24 06:28:53 PDT 2017

With Solarworld/SnapNRack we run wires in the rail and use clips on the
long edge of the frame when needed. SnapNRack has a clip that fits in the
upper rail groove to hold wires down into it. The snap n rack part you are
referencing (I think they call it 'box frame adapter') is good if you want
to attach squirrel netting to the short edge of the panels, but it's bulky
and expensive. I don't think it will do much for attaching wire clips.
Adam

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 8:11 AM Dana <dana at solarwork.com> wrote:

> I am installing SolarWorld 285 w modules for our new home on Array
> Technologies dual axis trackers [we are in a canyon].
>
> The side rails of the frames are typical with a flange however the short
> end frame is this little kind of “I” beam that does not allow for any wire
> clips.
>
> I am wondering what other folks have done in this situation, short of
> drilling the module frame?
>
> SnapnRack has a ¾” thick clamp that creates a 7/8” min gap between the
> module columns that is rather unsightly.
>
> Suggestions?

> Dana Orzel                       Great Solar Works, Inc.
>
> *208.721.7003                       dana at solarwork.com
> <dana at solarwork.com>*
>
> Idaho Contractor - # 028765          Idaho PV # 028374
>
> NABCEP # 051112-136                       www.solarwork.biz
>
> *"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"  *
>
> *P* Please consider the environment before printing this email.

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:
> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
> Check out or update participant bios: