[RE-wrenches] Aquion tech support

Bradley Bassett bbassett2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 15:39:52 PDT 2017

With the low discharge rate of the Aquion battery, it would have to be a
larger bank to handle 6 Sunny Island inverters. To put out the 36kW to
power those inverters at full rate you'd need at least 40 stacks at a good
state of charge to do that. At lower state of charge or if they are the
older versions like S20 or S30 you'd probably need more stacks to handle
it. I have a note indicating that SMA considered 16 stacks to be the
minimum for each Sunny Island. That would be 96 stacks.

Brad