[RE-wrenches] Polaris gone bad?

Blake Gleason blake at sunlightandpower.com
Mon Apr 10 13:24:28 PDT 2017

Hi all,

We also like making these splices with MC connectors.  We already have the
tools and parts, installers are good at it, the connection is solid, and it
has the added bonus of improving maintenance/troubleshooting/commissioning
because the splice is easy to separate and check.  We used to use split
bolts, but cutting open all of the tape to megger the homeruns is a pain.

The only downside to the MC connector method for small numbers of strings
is that you need a larger j-box to accommodate them.  For a handful of
strings, use a short 4x4 gutter.

Blake

Blake Gleason, PE, LEED AP
Director of Engineering
Sun Light & Power <http://www.sunlightandpower.com> | 1035 Folger Avenue |
Berkeley, CA 94710
Office: (510) 845-2997 Direct: (510) 809-3691

The best businesses don’t just turn a profit—they’re a force for good.
That’s why we’re proud to be a
*2015 Best for the World honoree. *See our site for more details
<http://sunlightandpower.com/bestfortheworldhonoree>.

This e-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named
recipient(s) above, and may contain information that is privileged or
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, or are not a named recipient(s), you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail message from your
computer. Thank you.