[RE-wrenches] Polaris gone bad?

Off Grid Solar offgridsolar at sti.net
Sun Apr 9 08:12:06 PDT 2017

It is always ideal to not have to splice except when the reality of coming
in on a job that is old work, someone who did not follow basic code
requirements, an insurance situation, an existing equipment upgrade, an
insurance situation, a remote home, a really remote home you had to fly
to, a 2000 foot run to an array and you hit granite, or Telcom. I could
remember a few more with some time.

I almost always use a Square D 3phase HV disco at the array and that is my
combiner/JB/transition. I can safely connect 2 strings and many KW of
solar all in one box. Add the fuses and 3 strings in one box. That is
ideal for me!
Sometimes ideal is the goal that is not always achieved:)