[RE-wrenches] Tesla 2.0

Rebekah Hren rebekah.hren at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 16:06:32 PST 2017

I have the same questions as Jay, I would really like to see the real specs
for the Tesla 2.0.

Other questions I have:

-How will the Tesla 2.0 be installed in coordination with a PV system -  I
can only assume any PV system would have to be AC coupled with the Tesla?

-Does the Tesla inverter handle all grid-sell functionality and keep PV
inverter online during outage?

-How does this impact the SolarEdge Storedge system that was designed to
work with the Gen 1 Tesla that didn't have an inverter? The Storedge
factsheet does not match the new topology:
http://www.solaredge.com/sites/default/files/se_storedge_inverter_datasheet_na.pdf

Thanks for any insight!
Rebekah

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 9:51 AM, Chris Mason <cometenergysystems at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Don't ignore Sonnen, their ECO16 is a solid Lithium based solution. We
> installed one in Anguilla and, once we got through some software issues,
> the system performed solidly.
>

> On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 9:43 PM, jay <jay.peltz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> HI All,
>>
>> I hesitate to bring this up, but I’ve had some questions come my way
>> about the “new” Tesla 2.0
>> battery backup units. And with the demise of Aquion, looks like Lithium
>> and LA are pretty much the only games in town.
>>
>> I have been able to find quite little on line ( surprise), pretty much
>> nothing from Tesla directly, but some from other folks by google search.
>>
>> Does anyone on the list here know anything solid?
>> For example.
>> what inverter is being used?
>> how do they stack?
>> battery chemistry?
>> actual size ( depending on which info it changes)
>> are they actually shipping?
>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> jay
>>
>> peltz power
>>
>> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

>> -wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org/maillist.html
>>
>> List rules & etiquette:
>> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>>
>> Check out or update participant bios:
>> www.members.re-wrenches.org
>>

> --
> Chris Mason
> NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™
> Solar Design Engineer
> Generac Generators Industrial technician
>
> www.cometsolar.com <http://www.cometenergysystems.com>
> 264.235.5670
> 869.662.5670
> Skype: netconcepts

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:
> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
> Check out or update participant bios:

Tel: 336.266.8800
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installation Professional™ 091209-85
NC Licensed Electrical Contractor