[RE-wrenches] Using same PV array for water pump, battery charging

Roy Rakobitsch windsine at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 16:24:47 PST 2017

Arcing would only happen when disconnecting pump during sunny periods, why
not disconnect at dusk? Connecting pump will not arc due to soft start. Not
sure about that particular charge controller,  but some controllers can use
Aux relay logic to do this upon full SOC. The Midnite Classic comes to
mind. Swithcing can be done with contactor.
Just a thought.

Roy Rakobitsch
NABCEP Certified Small Wind Installer®
Certified Advanced Tower Climbing, Safety & Rescue
Wind/PV Design Engineer
Windsine LLC
631-514-4166
www.windsine.org