[RE-wrenches] FXR , Mate 3, AGS and Must Run

Ray ray at solarray.com
Sun Feb 12 12:29:28 PST 2017

I agree, software and firmware issues are becoming my #1 call back
issue.  Off grid, this is totally unacceptable. I'm not using either
company you mentioned for off grid systems at this time because of
reliability issues. I've had decent luck with Magnum, and find their
control system easier for customers to navigate.

Some of this becomes our design responsibility, too.  I generally avoid
auto start in the first place, and prefer customers that take an active
role in the system operation.  A SOC meter with a remote start switch
next to it, operated by a competent human is going to be much more
effective than any auto start setup.

R. Ray Walters
Chief Technical Officer, RemoteSolar.com
BS Mech Engineering, 1988
Former NABCEP Certified, 2004-2016
Licensed Master ELectrician, Colorado
303 505-8760