[RE-wrenches] Demand Charges

Tom Lane tom at ecs-solar.com
Thu Jan 26 06:06:47 PST 2017

In Florida it is not unusable to have a $700 dollar demand charge AND only
a $165 electric useage charge . A classic example is a Church or Temple
that has only two services a week and tremendous useage during those brief
hourly services . For example Duke Energy's demand charge is for the
highest 15 minutes during the monthly billing cycle . I have always
suggested to people who come to me for help with Solar that they are better
off using multiple time clocks on the heating and cooling units etc . Since
they cannot use a tax credit they need a White Knight investor for Solar OR
a battery storage system to release power during the demand period
obviously. An big battery system and Inverter or inverters . Any ideas .
Gator Tom