[RE-wrenches] MT Solar / Iron Ridge Issue

Chris Schaefer chris at solarandwindfx.com
Mon Jan 23 13:51:19 PST 2017

Here at Solar & Wind FX 95% of our installs are poles or DAT's. We changed
over to MT I believe 3 seasons ago. I've got several of their 16 and 15
module racks out there. I did have a 15 module rack rotate on me this past
fall. It was a two pole system but only one rotated about 10 degrees. No
damage, no worries. The rack was at a winter tilt angle but not 90 degrees.
I use a 3/4 drive ratchet to tighten. While the through bolt you are
considering using is a thought, all our poles are schedule 80 8" pipe and
would be a real bitch to drill through especially at ladder height. Might I
suggest your backing plate which has the locking/engaging bolts have a
couple of pointed edges that would dig into the pole when tightened.
Perhaps even the bolts them selves have a point in them? With the DAT's we
use a 3/8" roll pin to keep them from rotating on top of the large bolts
that hold it in place. Now for our units in the higher elevations and
heavier snow falls we do in fact leave them @ 90 degrees for obvious
reasons.
Keep up the great work and I intend to keep buying from you.

Christopher Schaefer,

Chris Schaefer’s
<http://www.solarandwindfx.com/>

*Tel/Fax 585-229-2083 or Cell 585-748-1870 *
*5115 South Hill Road ~ Canandaigua New York 14424**www.solarandwindfx.com
<http://www.solarandwindfx.com/> ~ E-mail: chris at solarandwindfx.com
<chris at solarandwindfx.com>*

Thomas Jefferson, the author of our great Constitution, once said,
"democracy" will cease to exist when you take away from those who are
willing to work and give to those who would not."