[RE-wrenches] SMA SB240 - Multigate Required

Bradley Bassett bbassett2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 15:44:04 PST 2017

It would be difficult to know what the inverters are doing without a
Multigate in the circuit. There is no monitoring, LED indicators, or other
means to see the status of the inverters. It would require a third party
meter to see if there was current flow or not. My hunch is that the
inverters would not connect to the grid at all, but I have not tested that
inadvertently or on purpose.

Other that the monitoring my SMA micros have been rock solid for a couple
of years, too bad they are discontinued. I still have a dozen beta test
units and multigate sitting in the basement if someone knows of a use for
them. They are not listed.

Brad