[RE-wrenches] Solar World Wind Damage

jay jay.peltz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 09:18:33 PST 2017

HI Ray,

Like some of you, I’ve been installing DPW racks since 90’s.
And I think this center bolt design isn’t well suited to the much larger racks we have today. You can tighten that bolt up tight as you want, but any tolerance and there is always some will allow it to move.  This movement rounds the hole, creating more space and more movement.
Its why they have gone to the tie down kit for the larger racks.
I’ve also seen these racks broken from side wind loads.

I use General Specialties for larger racks.  Im not saying they are perfect, but I don’t worry about side wind loading or having to use tie down kits.

And as to the modules exiting the rack, well all the older smaller modules used 4 holes to mount, and had thicker frames.
Now we are using substantially larger modules with same 4 holes and thinner frames, at least the “L” part.  I”ll be curious to see what fixes you guys come up with or if the OEM’s change things or if the rack folks offer some added parts to address this issue.

Jay

Peltz Power