[RE-wrenches] Tying XW MPPT-80 controller into XW PDP

Kevin Pegg KPegg at energyalternatives.ca
Sun Sep 10 13:24:08 PDT 2017

Hello Wrenches,

I am curious if anyone has come up with a better means to tie one, or two 600V fused PV input disconnects into an XW PDP system with the MPPT-80 controller? Attached photo is what I came up with. Not very elegant. It's a shame this component doesn't integrate well with the rest of the XW gear - without any bottom or top knockouts what other options exist?

Perhaps Midnite Solar will come up with a replacement cover plate that integrates the HV disconnects in a much more elegant way than this.

My customer's comment was "well it looks like a well-designed and aesthetically pleasing system, except for those controllers look like they are hacked into the system as an afterthought." I had to agree.

Kevin Pegg
EA Energy Alternatives Ltd.
37471 Hwy 16 E
Telkwa, BC  V0J 2X2