[RE-wrenches] Dusty off grid situations

Tom Lane tom at ecs-solar.com
Sat Sep 2 10:30:43 PDT 2017

The biggest difference will be a tropical high humidity versus dry low
humidity desert like conditions. In tropical and subtropical climates
humidity control begins with the right design for battery storage and
usually temperature control can be passive but good air flow is essential,
the big kicker for site is - is there a salt water inland mist that besides
Inverter, controls solar and otherwise plus other electronics must be
protected from salt in the air ! Number 1 problem even for mounting
hardware not just for Hurricanes but corrosive effects of salty hot and/or
humid air . I hope people with experience would let us know of success in
wich products and technology they have use . I personally try to use
products etc proven on marine boats . GatorTom