[RE-wrenches] TPO Roofing

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Wed Aug 30 23:00:54 PDT 2017

Friends:

We are working what is purported to be a TPO roof. We were told the roofing is obsolete and no boots (flashings) were available.

I'd really appreciate a brief run-down on the material and practices, if anyone is willing. If it would be easier and I'm the only one who cares, I could call someone who has worked with it and we could have a brief chat.

Here are some basic questions:

1. How do you seal in a stanchion?
2. Are boots available?
3. Is there s caulk you can use?

We will be using a licensed roofer, but I suspect the one we inherited might be BSing me and I need to educate myself.

As always, thank you in the extreme for any guidance.

William Miller