[RE-wrenches] DPW RACKS AND RACK ISSUES and Montana Solar

Tom Lane tom at ecs-solar.com
Wed Jul 12 21:59:57 PDT 2017

My main concern with top of pole racks for large arrays is black iron steel poles come in 21 ' lengths and if you cannot cut the rack in half and use 10 1/2 ' then instead of two poles you are having , a 21 ' pole that can only be used for one array and that gets expensive and Wasteful , also note 36" back hole augers are a cheap rental . Montana Solar is great with wind loading here in Florida even in 160 mile per zones were can get two poles out of 6" or 8" twenty one foot long sch . And use 36 " holes with 40 black iron steel sch 40 that all well drilling supplies carry , and Montana Solar offers  sealed engineering on their racks for $ 595 . If you need that , also they have one array on one , two , or more poles ! ALSO IT IS QUICKER DELIVERY BECAUSE YOU CAN USE STANDARD ROOF RAILS . I HAVE USED DPW since 1997 and Zomeworks even earlier , but the engineering help at Montana Solar is quick and we get our winding loading at 15  degree tilt for hurricane season and then raise it to  40 degrees for winter , also of NOTE YOU CAN INCREASE WIND LOADING BY PUTTING 1/2 D rings on the 4 corners and burying cheap mobile home anchors with the eye just below the D ring and use motorcycle straps during hurricane or tornado season . I am an adjustable solar freak and love adjustments, still turns me on at 70 years of age ! DPW I have use hundreds of their and  especially for water pumping 2 panel racks , but Montana Solar deserves a look by every wrench and of note I have no stock in that company only stock on my farm . . Gatortom

Tom Lane - Sent from my iPad