[RE-wrenches] OutBack FX Internal Fan running 24/7

Dave Palumbo palumbo131m at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 06:30:01 PDT 2017

Wrenches,

We recently swapped in a new internal fan on a OB FX 2524T after the
original fan stopped working on the 6 yr old inverter.

Now the new internal fan is running all the time. Unrelated to temperature
(Air, Fet and Cap temps all good). I've tried removing all loads from the
inverter and also resetting the inverter (off/on).

OutBack tech support says the control board is the most likely cause of this
problem and that I should buy a new board and swap that in. Or, as another
option he said I could let the fan continue to run 24/7.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Dave

David Palumbo