[RE-wrenches] OutBack FX Internal Fan Failure

Dave Palumbo palumbo131m at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 07:35:38 PDT 2017

Fellow Wrenches,

I have an OutBack FX inverter (manufactured in 2011) with a flashing Red
LED. The MATE warns "Internal Fan Failure Detected" .

Before I call OutBack support I'd like to gain a little knowledge from you
folks.

.         Will I be asked to send the inverter in, or can I get the internal
fan sent out to me so I can repair it myself?

.         I used to perform internal power board swaps myself 10 or 12 yrs
ago.

.         It's not on warranty so I'd be paying for the parts.

Thanks for your time,

Dave

David Palumbo

Independent Power LLC