[RE-wrenches] High End battery

Mac Lewis maclewis1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 05:53:11 PDT 2017

Hi Wrenches,

I've got a customer that has an older off-grid system with a 5 string ~2000
Ahr (No I didn't install this) L16 battery bank that is failing.  Its a
Trace SW 4024 system where the batteries are located in a
difficult-to-access crawl space where I'm sure they never got watered.

We'd like to have these characteristics:
1.  Modular (need to be able to get them to the crawl space)
2.  Maintenance free
3.  Able to be abused and bounce back
4.  Compatible with an Outback MX 60 charge controller (preferably)
5.  In case of charge controller failure, we'd like the batteries to be
able to go over the winter with no charge and not be damaged
6.  Need about 30-40 kWh bank size
7.  Able to withstand cool temps (operate decently at 45F) withstand near
freezing temps over winter (with no usage)
8.  Price tag isn't a big constraint with these customers

What are some batteries you might recommend?

Thanks in advance
--

Mac Lewis

*"Yo solo sé que no sé nada." -Sócrates*