[RE-wrenches] Solar Bridge microinverters power usage

Dave Palumbo palumbo131m at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 10:15:20 PST 2017

I have a net metered system using six AUO Unison PM 250W modules with built
in SolarBridge microinverters. It is a 1.5kW system installed in late 2011.

.         Homeowner called today saying her PV production meter (standard
analog EZ read kWh meter) has gone backwards. She read 7,006 kWh on
12/21/2016 and read 7,000 kWh this morning 15 days later.

.         She says she watches her system pretty closely and she has never
seen kWh numbers that have gone backwards.

.         The site does not get much winter production at all due to clouds,
snow and low path of the sun behind a hillside - we knew all this 6 yrs ago
at the site survey so little to no production during late Dec., early Jan.
is not a problem.

.         My question is: Do the SolarBridge microinverters draw 16 to 20
Watts 24/7? That would account for the 6kWh usage over the 15 days assuming
little to no PV production due to snow and shade.

.         Other ideas?

Thanks for the help!

Dave

David Palumbo