[RE-wrenches] Retrofit variable speed drive to old well pump? // Franklin products

Windy Dankoff windydankoff at mac.com
Wed Dec 14 14:25:14 PST 2016

Dan,

I stand corrected on my advice. This Franklin document describes a MonoDrive 2W model. 2W stands for 2-wire pump! I didn’t know it existed.

http://franklinwater.com/media/116400/225417101_m1560_sd_manual_05-13_web.pdf

Nevertheless, I would expect inferior results and would not use it to retrofit an old 2-wire pump if it may be on its last legs. However, it IS what you are asking for, to replacing the pump! It’s up to you to determine if it’s the BEST option in the short and long run.

I would run this by a very knowlegable Franklin distributor, as well as your local driller.

Keep Shining // Windy