[RE-wrenches] Retrofit variable speed drive to old well pump?

Shasta Daiku mjmorningstar at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 17:22:48 PST 2016

Some two-wire pumps have integral start capacitors and others, Franklin and Gould comes to mind, do not. I’d be looking at start up current duration. If by chance the pump motor is without a capacitor and the current remains high for more than a second or two, it’s most likely structural as Allan has suggested. Unfortunately this thing will probable need pulling.
Michael