[RE-wrenches] 690.8

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Thu Nov 10 08:31:35 PST 2016

The exception under 690.8(B)(1) definitely applies.  All of Midnite'
breakers and boxes are rated for 100% continuous operation.  I believe,
this does not apply to their touch safe fuse assemblies, however.  Also
FYI,  you should be able to use the 90 deg C rating for complying with
110.14 (C) at least for the terminals in Midnite's combiner.  (This is
according to my conversations with Midnite)

Also, it seems that you might be exceeding the max fuse rating of the
modules.   You might want to check that.  Why not have each series
string on its own 15 amp breaker?

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,