[RE-wrenches] Array/battery relationship (WAS Battery Watt hours FLA VS Iron Edison Batteries)

Mac Lewis maclewis1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 15:32:46 PDT 2016

Hi Allen,

I use the 2-3 day autonomy design approach as well unless there are unusual
circumstances.  Here in western Colorado this design approach has worked
very well.  I have been met with some resistance with folks that are used
to the large 4-5 battery string designs that were common around here.
Regarding battery longevity, I think the thing that we struggle with is
making sure the batteries stay cool enough in the summer & warm enough in
the winter.  I haven't found an approach that works perfect.

It seems to me like chronic undercharging is a bigger problem than higher
currents introduced by modern array designs.

Thanks