[RE-wrenches] PV Recombiner

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Mon Oct 10 16:40:46 PDT 2016

Chris:

Thank you for the reply.  I think you misunderstand me.  We always use the
GSLC cabinets.  I just don’t like the design concept that clutters the
cabinet with AC and DC breakers that are difficult to access and block
other components.  See photo below of a prewired GSLC Cabinet we were asked
to work in.  Not a good scenario.

We have created an installation standard using the GSLC that minimizes the
problems inherent with the design.  We run all AC leads to adjacent load
centers and we try to minimize the DC breakers in the cabinet.  It is our
goal to completely eliminate all breakers from the removable dead-front.  I
think it is pretty self-explanatory why one would not prefer to make
connections in a hard to reach location.

Our goal is to constantly improve our installation procedures to create
better, safer and more efficient installations.

Also, I don’t need someone to instruct me on how to make a “finished”
looking install. If you are familiar with my work you know it is as clean
as it gets.  Review my web site.  Below is but one example of one of our
installs.

And lastly, “suck it up” is not a very complimentary phrase.  Please, let’s
keep it professional.

Sincerely,

William Miller

Figure 1 Factory wired GSLC