[RE-wrenches] Clipping of microinverter output

Jason Szumlanski jason at floridasolardesigngroup.com
Tue Oct 4 12:23:58 PDT 2016

Amen to that. It doesn't make sense to spend inordinate time agonizing over
the right ratio, and consumers are skeptical anyway. Unless it's way under
or over 1.0 it isn't going to make a huge difference. I did a sensitivity
analysis on this when PV cost twice as much, and I found it still wasn't
worth spending too much time on each site analysis. I just shoot for a
ratio of 1.1 south and 1.2 east or west here where it's hot. In cooler
climates 0.9 - 1.0 might make better sense, but I haven't done any cold
weather work.

​Jason​