[RE-wrenches] Back-up generator/inverter shut-down relay

Matthew Sherald matt at getpimby.com
Thu Sep 8 17:45:45 PDT 2016

Generac offers a Smart Management Module.

http://gens.lccdn.com/GeneracCorporate/media/Library/content/all-products/transfer-switches/residential-transfer-switches/0L1500-B-SMM-Module.pdf

I used one of these at a grid-tie job where the customer was simultaneously
having a Generac unit installed.  The Generac installer turned me on to the
device and it seemed to do the trick.  It was a similar situation where the
PV and GT inverter were at an outbuilding far removed from the main panel
at the house.

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 1:00 PM, Benn Kilburn <benn at skyfireenergy.com> wrote:

> Wrenches,
> We are installing 2 SolarEdge SE7600A-US inverters in a grid-tied system
> that has a 15kw back-up generator on an auto transfer switch.
>
> The generator is located in a shed about 300' or more away and the feeders
> to the house are underground.
> Inverters are located in the house basement mechanial room along with the
> house electrical panelboard.
>
> We are looking for relay options to shut down the inverters when there is
> a power interruption, before the generator kicks in.  This could be a
> manual reset.
>
> What are some options you have seen/used for something like this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> *Benn Kilburn *
> CSA Certified Solar Photovoltaic Systems Electrician, SkyFire Energy Inc
> 14515 – 121A Ave NW | Edmonton, AB | T5L 2T2
> P: 780-474-8992 | F: 888-405-5843 | www.skyfireenergy.com
> [image: email] <benn at skyfireenergy.com> [image: facebook]
> <https://www.facebook.com/SkyFireEnergy> [image: twitter]
> <https://twitter.com/SkyFireEnergy> [image: linkedin]
> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/283735?trk=tyah&trkInfo=tarId%3A1408655033432%2Ctas%3Askyfire%2Cidx%3A2-2-5>
>

> [image: SkyFire Energy Logo_horizontal]
>
> *WE HAVE MOVED! Please note our new address above.*

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:
> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
> Check out or update participant bios: