[RE-wrenches] SMA Tripower

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Fri Sep 2 09:02:50 PDT 2016

I checked the math and it indeed seems like a rounding issue – 20,000 W /
480 V / √3 = 24.05626122 A

I wonder if the SMA tech support agent that Brian spoke with was just
reading the manual when they said it was 24.1 A. Regardless, it seems like
we would need to rely on the manufacturer to clarify their intent when the
nameplate and manuals don’t match up. I had been taught to rely on the
nameplate right on the device when all else fails.

Hopefully no one has a situation where this actually matters!

August

Luminalt