[RE-wrenches] Test procedure for Concorde batteries

Gary Bassett Gary at hudsonsolar.com
Thu Sep 1 05:51:46 PDT 2016

We have a grid tied battery backup system that uses 8 Sun Xtender PVX-2120L batteries, about 9 years old. The grid has been going out frequently - about 4 times in the past 3 weeks. When the grid goes out, the battery voltage gets too low and shuts the system down pretty quickly. One of the times, this happened within 4 hours. We want to test the capacity of the batteries and we have a testing procedure from Concorde that seems like it would take a lot of time. Is there a quick way to test the battery capacity?

Gary