[RE-wrenches] SMA Tripower

Garrison Riegel Garrison at solarserviceinc.com
Thu Sep 1 16:20:43 PDT 2016

Hi Rebekah,

You make a good point and I definitely agree with your logic, but does current on an inverter output circuit act any differently than current on a branch, feeder, etc, covered under 220?  I've used this code section to round down in the past and to date it's been accepted.  It has never been questioned though either :/

As far as when to round up or down, it's a really good question.  I almost always round to the more conservative value, after the calculations are complete, except when it will add significant cost to the project and the Code seems to allow us to round down and the AHJ deems it acceptable.  Just another gray area in the Code that keeps life exciting!  Think I need to get out more...

Garrison